We know you have high expectations as you help your students grow and learn. By focusing on students’ strengths, and not just their weaknesses, you enable your students to achieve greater goals, improve social skills, and increase self-confidence.
PCI Education’s slogan, “Building Real-World Solutions,” strongly supports this approach. Our logo, which is a light bulb inside an apple, symbolizes PCI’s goal of providing bright ideas and innovative products to educators. PCI products help teachers enable students to develop skills in all major curriculum areas within the context of real world applications.
Our unique, real-life approach to teaching basic academic skills and life skills for struggling students, from Special Education to the regular classroom to ESL to Adult Education, differentiates us from other educational publishers, and is the core of our company.
- PCI Education was founded in July 1991 by Jeffrey T. McLane, Janie Haugen-McLane, and Larry Felder.
- Slogan: “Building Real-World Solutions.”
- First product: Life Skills Programs (1991).
- PCI Education specializes in providing solutions that help individuals with special needs and learning differences attain success in school, at home, and in the community.
- The company is a market leader in developing hands-on, visual, real-world, and innovative products for students with special needs.
- PCI Education has a unique approach to teaching basic academic and life skills that helps individuals to function independently and responsibly within their communities.
- The company’s products serve five diverse markets: secondary special education, secondary at-risk, elementary special education, intellectual disabilities, and English language learners.
Products & Services
- Educators, editors, and designers work as a team to conceptualize and complete a wide variety of products, including game boards, software, puzzles, reproducible worksheets, flash cards, and electronic manipulatives.
- PCI Education products are highly visual, with a clean and uncluttered layout to assist struggling learners.
- Lesson plans include many tactile and kinesthetic activities to foster increased motivation and retention.
- Game formats allow students to interact with the subject.
- A dedicated team of account consultants, who have years of experience in education, training, and professional development, is available to consult with educators on their curriculum needs in order to deliver customized academic solutions.
- PCI Education’s national board-certified Education Consultants work with districts to develop comprehensive education plans that successfully implement custom curriculum solutions.
- Lee Wilson was named President and CEO in February 2009.
- Wilson brings to PCI more than 20 years of experience in the K-12 sector. Visit Wilson’s LinkedIn profile for further information.
Awards & Accolades
- 2008 – The Association of Educational Publishers
- 2007 – The Association of Educational Publishers
- Ongoing – Achievers’ Center for Education
- Each week, students from the Achievers’ program work with PCI Education staff to build real-world professional experiences by assisting with day-to-day office responsibilities in every department of the company.